Year 11 Programme of Study:
Power and Conflict Poetry
English Language Paper 1
‘An Inspector Calls’ by J. B. Priestley
‘Macbeth’ by William Shakespeare
‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens
Our examination board is AQA.
Resources can be found at:
Mr Bruff’s revision videos on Youtube are also very useful.
Could Mathematics students please check their college email, college website and mymaths accounts for work updates on a regular basis. Also if using Mymaths please remember to check out after completing a homework task.
If you are planning to take A level Mathematics in September there are some support materials on the VLE that will help you prepare over the coming months.
They can be found in:
Maths –A Level Maths 2017 onwards
The resources are called
1) Bridging the Gap Activity
2) A Level Maths support material
Year 11 Programme of Study (Sept-Christmas):
Y11 students should focus on completing past papers. Students have been issued with a folder containing these papers, markschemes and spare copies are available on the VLE; Science, (Combines/Separate) past papers.
All work for BTEC Business students can be found on the relevant page of the school VLE. https://vle.westwoodcollege.coop/
You can also email any questions to Mrs Percival on email@example.com
In the event of students needing to work from home please carry out research or revision on the topic you are currently studying or previous topics. The following websites will be useful:
There are revision resources on the VLE under the Geography, Year 11 section: https://vle.westwoodcollege.coop/
You may be emailed further work or guidance so check your college emails.
Year 11 programme of study, Autumn term:
There are past papers and mark schemes on the VLE
You can also access the Teach ICT online resource and revise & prepare for both the exams using this online resource which contains exam style questions and quizzes and videos
Year 11 BTEC ICT
You have got the Assignments available on the VLE (for Coursework Component )
The work (which you have e-mailed to yourself) can be completed in the light of the sample work and/or assignments available on the VLE
If students need to work from home, learning will be directed via Teams assignments. Please check Teams as soon as possible in this event.>
Year 11 Programme of Study:
HT1 – Edit coursework products
HT2 – Newspaper unit – Industry, study The Observer, Historic texts
HT3 – Magazine unit – Mojo industry, audiences and products.
HT4 – Revision Crime Drama, The Lego Movie
HT5 – Revision – Music and Newspapers
*HT – half-term
In all GCSE Media Bitesize is useful. There will be specific tasks on the VLE
Year 11 Programme of Study:
Musical Elements on BBC Bitesize GCSE Music:
Star Wars on BBC Bitesize GCSE Music:
Year 11 programme of study, GCSE PE
Anaerobic and aerobic formulas
EPOC – Excess post oxygen consumption
Effects of exercise -immediate short and long
Planes and axis
Social and cultural issues
Commercialisation and advantages and disadvantages
Diet and Hydration
Health fitness and well being
Sedentary Lifestyle and Obesity
Skill and Ability
Year 11 programme of study, BTEC Sport:
Unit 2: Practical Sport
A- Understand the rules, regulations, and scoring systems for two selected sports.
B- Skills, techniques and tactics in the two selected sports.
C- Review of Sports performance.
The work below is still relevant however weekly work is now being set by your class teacher by email. Please ensure you are using your school email address to access this and you will be required to send work back to your teacher.
Please try and ensure you complete this work so you remain up to date with your course.
If you have any issues, or are not receiving the emails then please email your class teacher directly.
This is a list of resources that will hopefully be of use to you in the next couple of weeks and should be used to support your revision for your upcoming GCSE PE exam.
1. The purple revision guide and workbook that most of you have purchased – these are excellent resources and please continue to use them.
2. You should all have been provided with a school made revision guide for both paper 1 and paper 2, these can be used by filling in blank information as well as tackling the exam questions provided.
3. On the VLE you will find an online copy of all the worksheets and questions in the school made revision guides you will also find a copy of all the exams papers and mark schemes for at least the last 10 years. Please be aware the format, and some of the content, of the exams has changed slightly over the years, the 2018, 2019 and sample papers are as you would expect but the others are still useful revision. Please also make use of the mark schemes as this will ensure you are answering correctly and provide you potential alternative answers.
4. We will be available on email to answer any questions if needed. We will both aim to log in to our email at the start and end of each day to check for queries, our emails are:
This is a list of resources that will hopefully be of use to you in the next couple of weeks in helping with your coursework understanding and should be used to support your revision for your upcoming BTEC Sport online exam.
1) The Unit 1 Fitness for Sport and Exercise student workbook/revision guide that you have been given. This is excellent for revision, and has information on key words to revise, along with example questions with answers and tasks to have a go at. There are 3 sections, so work through them and feel free to use any internet devices to research information.
2) Any video recordings on sporting performance that goes ahead would be useful as evidence to support your coursework, or any exercise activity that has been done at home would be great as evidence of fitness training.
3) On the VLE you will find resources for Unit 2 of your coursework (PE>Yr10/11 Btec Sport> Unit 2 Practical Sport). The ‘Unit 2 Pupil Assignment Sheet’ shows all the tasks for the Unit (Learning aims A to C), so this is perfect to work through and ensure you have completed. The ‘Rules and Regulations’ document is a helpful sheet to help you complete your PowerPoints on the two sports that you have been completing in lessons- make sure you apply the rules in 4 specific situations!! The ‘Technical and Tactical Demands’ document is a template to fill in about your two sports, the gaps need completing relevant to your two sports. Use research if you are unsure on what the words mean. Finally, the ‘Observation Checklist’ is an example template of a checklist that you need to make and complete for your own performance in the two sports you have chosen (E.g. Football and Table Tennis). For each of the skills you choose (see the examples I have given), you need to score yourself out of five (1 lowest- 5 best), this will help with your evaluation of your performance.
I will be available on email to answer any questions if needed. I will aim to log in to my email at the start and end of each day to check for queries, my email is:
Programme of study:
• Individual coursework projects (Sweets and cakes, Distortion, Geometric, Growth and Decay, Messages)
• Students to work on Artist reasearch for THREE of their chosen artists relevant to their project.
• Students already been informed of this. (RYL printed and stapled this work into 11D planner and emailed to the group.)
Programme of study:
• Lifecycle assessment
• Flexible Manufacturing Systems
• Paper and Board
• Timber based materials
• Metal based materials
Dear students you should have an exam resources revision pack of past paper questions. You are to:
Complete the tasks that are on the front of the revision pack: make revision notes, focus on key terminology, revise an area and attempt to answer the past paper questions.
There is a link to the AQA website for further resources if required
The VLE also has topic areas to help with revision
You have also received a photocopy of the final topic that is currently being taught: Religion, Human Rights and Social Justice. You are to:
Read and make notes on any of the sections that you have not been taught
Complete the activities that are on the photocopied notes
Complete revision on this topic: make revision cards, mind maps etc
Apply your knowledge to past paper questions (found in the exam resources revision pack and on the AQA website)
Extra resources on this topic can also be found on the VLE: GCSE RE, Year 11, Human Rights and Social Justice