The HE Exhibition at Staffordshire University on 5th June has now been postponed.
Have you registered for the UCAS Hub? This is UCAS’s most advanced research tool – give it a go!
Loads of UCAS resources and links on the VLE under ‘Sixth Form’ at the bottom of Courses page – to help with preparing Personal Statements and researching your options.
Please re-read your texts in preparation for the upcoming trial examinations. Texts are: The Kite Runner, Death of a Salesman, Othello, Keats and Blake poetry. You should be completing you ‘Protest Booklet’ as detailed by your teacher. Further resources will be provided in your lessons. However, it is important that you also follow specific tasks from your particular class teachers.
Could Mathematics students please check their college email, college website and mymaths accounts for work updates on a regualr basis. Also if using Mymaths please remember to check out after completing a homework task.
Students have textbooks (do the mixed exercises) and a revision list for the Year 12 exam papers. They can work through the list with help from: www.mymaths.co.uk
Other topics to work on include:
Vectors Chapter 11
Differentiation Chapter 12
Use the revision list to revise for their Year 12 exam using their textbooks (mixed exercises) and www.mymaths.co.uk
Please refer to the VLE for the information letter and additional resources.
All work for BTEC Business students can be found on the relevant page of the school VLE. https://vle.westwoodcollege.coop/
You can also email any questions to Mrs Percival on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please access the VLE for your lessons to complete.
If you have any questions or require any feedback on your work please email your Geography teacher.
Y12 Health and Social Care
New Task added – Work from home NHS project has been added to the VLE for you to complete
This is a list of tasks / resources that will be of use to you in the next couple of weeks and should be used to support your completion of coursework and your revision for future exams. All resources are on the VLE.
We will be available on email to answer any questions if needed. Our emails are:
Online textbook – from VLE or from https://www.pearsonactivelearn.com/app/library
Unit 2 – VCK
In preparation for your Unit 2 exam you can ensure that all your notes for the unit are up to date
Keep up with your independent revision
Complete the past papers that are on the VLE
Unit 5 – PER
Unit 5 – The PowerPoints in each section of the VLE will help you to complete the remaining tasks on Unit 5. Use the coursebook at the top of Unit 5 to help, and any of the links included in each section.
Unit 14 – BM
There is a document on the VLE (Unit 14 Structure Help) that does a step by step guide through learning aims A-C of the Unit 14 coursework, that you can work through whilst we are off.
The assignment sheet and case studies are on there too.
Unit 14 LAD – HEM
You need to complete P6 – the table of Eva’s treatment plan (see notes on VLE), then move onto M4 which is reviewing the treatment plan.
P7 next and then the Distinction task – all will be available on the VLE under Unit 14.
Students have been fully briefed on what they need to get on with. The tasks include starting their Personal Study Research and investigating the suitability of their own chosen topic. They will need to produce a justification for their chosen topic with relevant sources and interpretations. Students have also been given tasks related to their studies of the Cold War and the Stuarts.
Resources are on the VLE; Languages
For French and German, work will be e-mailed to you directly, please check your school email. Resources will be located on the VLE and Kerboodle.
For Spanish, you will continue to follow the online Pearson course as normal, but from home! If you have any problems accessing work, then please email Mr Phillips.
In all GCSE Media Bitesize is useful. There will be specific tasks on the VLE
Unit 4 – New unit which we would be moving onto next with all students.
1.Start with checklist learning aim A on VLE
Produce a word document describing as best you can the work on Checklist learning aim A.
Look at PowerPoints
Groups and teams
Forms of leadership
Finally produce a word document describing as best you can the work on Checklist learning aim B.
Unit 22 – Business in Sport
This is a new unit we are due to start after Easter. It is only for those students doing the double award.
It is another examined unit with pre-release material and notes you can take into the exam.
You will get some information about a sports related business which you will have to analyse and answer 4 questions on.
1) Review the business
2) complete a SWOT analysis of the business
3) Recommend how the business could develop
4) Justify your suggestions for recommendation
We will actually start with some research into a particular business so that you have some background information to use and compare to. The pre-release material will tell you what type of business you need to research, we will use trampoline parks.
Week commencing 30th March
1) Research two trampoline parks, you should make notes on the following: (each park will take approx 1hr to research) Type of business? – private, public etc What is it’s USP / aim / mission statement?
Who is it trying to cater for – ages?
Approx how many people work there?
What training do they have?
What different services does it provide?
Who are these services aimed at?
What are the prices of the services? Do some come in the price?
Can you get memberships / deals?
What facilities do they have?
When are they open?
How do they market themselves? Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc, photos, videos, customer comments etc Is there customer feedback positive?
Do they offer any extras?
Also find out how this industry has grown over the past 10 years, is it still a worthwhile business to have?
You can send me a photo of your research notes or copy of if done on computer.
This is a list of resources that will hopefully be of use to you in the next couple of weeks and should be used to support your revision for your upcoming unit exams and completion of coursework.
We will be available on email to answer any questions if needed. We will all aim to log in to our email at the start and end of each day to check for queries, our emails are:
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Unit 1 – MOR
1. On the VLE there is information under unit 1 for your anatomy and physiology exam. You should find the exam papers and mark schemes for this unit.
2. You have received a booklet of these exams from myself a few weeks ago, please continue to work through these, but using he mark schemes online to help you.
3. You have also got a booklet of revision worksheets which you can fill in the blank information for to support your revision.
Unit 2 – Leek
1. On the VLE there is information under unit 2 for your fitness and training exam, you should fine some exam papers as well as examples of the notes pagers you could take into the exam and example answers. Starting to create your own version of the notes pages would be very beneficial.
2. You also have a photocopied booklet of revision material for this exam to help produce your notes.
3. We will be available on email to answer any questions if needed. We will all aim to log in to our email at the start and end of each day to check for queries, our emails are:
Unit 7 – HLM
1) If you have pictures of performance related to your skills and strengths start putting them onto the documents you have already created.
2) Highlight what both of your weaknesses are for both sports and explain how they impact your performance – if your weakness is passing, how does this affect your performance?
2) For both of your weaknesses come up with 1 isolated practice and 1 conditioned practice to improve the weakness – explain in detail how you will do this and use images to help you explain it.
Unit 23 Ash
Continue with your improvements to work using the checklists provided if you don’t have chance to pick them up I will put them on the VLE – Unit 23 Skill Acquisition
In addition to material already provided please go onto the VLE, follow the information below. Further guidance is on the VLE on how to complete the work, any issues please contact myself or Mrs Partington.
VLE, Psychology, Year 12, Independent Study Tasks March-July 2020
In addition to material already available please go onto the VLE, follow the details below and complete further work. Any issues please contact myself or Mrs Vickers.
VLE, Year 12, Year 12 Covid-19 Work Pack
There are lots of resources available on this website
Please access the VLE for your tasks to complete.